What I love about the holiday season…
1. mum gets some days off
2. my Latina tummy is satisfied
3. visiting family and friends
4. watching holiday specials (F.R.I.E.N.D.S in particular this year)
5. getting ‘best wishes’ from those who send them regardless of the season
Things I don’t like about the holiday season:
- The assumption that everyone celebrates Christmas, and if you do, you must celebrate big–I haven’t set up a Christmas tree in the last 5 years.
- The “getting” spirit when there are children living in poverty every single day of the year and may have not seen a Christmas tree in the last 5 years.
- People not realizing that you celebrate the life of Jesus every day. Every single day.